The weather outside is frightening…baby it’s cold outside…and there is nothing better than a big bowl of chili on a cold night! Whose with me on that ??
Well this is not your ordinary Chili recipe…I actually made this for a chili cook-off during our last camping trip at the lake, and I’m sorry to say I did not win 🙁 But don’t let that fool you…it is great!! And there was not a drop left after everyone got a taste!!
So I made this in the crock pot in my camper and this is what I used;
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 – 1lb bag of pre-cooked steak strips (In the freezer section)
- 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes with chipolte
- 3 small jalepeno’s diced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, drained
- 1 small can of whole kernal corn, drained
- 2 cloves or garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
And like I said, since I was in my camper I just didn’t have much room to prepare so I just chopped and dropped all of the ingredients into the crock pot!
It was that simple….then I let the crock pot do its thing!!
This was a chuncky thick chili with lots of flavor!! The smells were amazing as it stewed all day!!
Hope you enjoy!