Have I ever told you how much I love Mushrooms?? The only thing I might love better is spicy Mexican Flavored food! So when I joined this #Food Extravaganza Party the featured ingredient for this month was Mushrooms!! Yea! I thought…hmm…why not combine my two loves into a spicy little dish!
Here is what I did;
So I started with portabella mushrooms…they are my favorite because they are so meaty. A little onion and some Anaheim peppers from my garden.
I sliced them up nice and thick so they would retain some texture once they were cooked up.
So in the skillet I started by sautéing my onions and peppers with 2 links of chorizo sausage. I removed the casing off of the sausage to incorporate it more like a ground meat. I added about a teaspoon of prepared minced garlic to that as well.
Once the sausage was cooked through and the onions and peppers were soft I added the mushrooms and began cooking them down.
This what it looked like once they were cooked down. I added about 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste concentrate to the pan to give it the rich flavor of a traditional Ragu. Of course I seasoned them with a little salt and pepper too.
I was trying to decide how I wanted to serve this up and found a roll of Polenta in my pantry and decided that the smooth corn meal texture would be the perfect complement to the spicy richness of the Mushroom & Chorizo Ragu.
I just gave it a quick fry with a little olive oil so that it was brown on both sides.
Here is the finished results!! I added a little fresh goat cheese and cilantro on top, but you could dress it with anything your heart desires or just leave it as it!! It was supper good with just the right amount of heat for my liking!
So this was my first time joining this really fun party called #Foodie Extravaganza!!
Foodie Extravaganza is where bloggers come together and celebrate food holidays!
Posting day is the first Wednesday of the month. If you are a blogger and you’re interested in joining in the fun, visit us at our Facebook Foodie Extravaganza page.
Just look at all the wonderful Mushroom recipes being shared today!
- Cheesy Mushroom Chicken by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Crepes by Cooking with Carlee
- Crusted Seafood Mushroom Caps by The Freshman Cook
- Duxelles by Food Lust People Love
- Marinated Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Mushroom and Chorizo Ragu by Cookin’ and Craftin’
- Mushroom Bread Pudding by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Leek Chinese Dumplings by The Joyful Foodie
- Mushroom Stroganoff with Herb Spaetzle by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mushroom Zoodles and Cheese;by Brunch with Joy
- Portabella and Butternut Squash Crepes by Cherishing A Sweet Life
- Rántott Gomba – Hungarian Fried Mushrooms by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Ravioli with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Shiitake Bruschetta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla